How a Necklace of Whistles Changed My Perspective

View this email online
SHOP      |      NEW PRODUCTS 
Hi friend,

The other day, I had a pretty deep and eye-opening experience doing some inner child work with Sarah Jenks in her New Moon Circle within the Holy Woman community.

Something really interesting popped up for me that I wanted to share.

When I was a little girl, I had this necklace filled with whistles. Collecting whistles was my thing. I carried them everywhere. Reflecting on it now, it struck me how significant that necklace was.

For those who have followed me for a while, and for those who are new, you might know that my childhood was pretty rough and violent. My mother, who I love fiercely, did the best she could despite her mental illness, but she was verbally and physically abusive.

Imagining my younger self, around 7 to 10 years old, wearing that necklace of whistles, I realized that whistles are often used to signal for help. Those whistles were my silent cry for attention and safety.

Sometimes, our wounded inner children try to get our attention in our adult lives, manifesting as fear, anxiety, overwhelm, or feelings of not being good enough. When these emotions arise, and they don't match our current reality, it's often our inner child calling out.

For me, anxiety often pops up around sleep because, as a child, I had a very hard time sleeping in a house that wasn't safe. Sleep, being the most vulnerable state, was terrifying.

I used to get frustrated with my anxiety, but I've learned to pour gratitude on that younger version of myself. She was wise beyond her years, carrying those whistles as a symbol for help. By appreciating her, it becomes easier to love and heal the parts of me that hold me back from fully enjoying life.

I encourage you to think about your inner child. What did they gravitate towards? Did you collect anything? Was there an object or toy you couldn't live without? Maybe a stuffed animal that held special magic? Reflect on what those items meant to you and what wisdom your younger self held.

Pour gratitude and appreciation onto that part of you. Validate their feelings and experiences. By doing this, you bring that part of yourself home, fostering patience and grace within.

Remember, our nervous systems may respond in ways that aren't always to our preference, but it's about being okay with it when it happens. Walking through these moments with acceptance makes the journey easier and quicker.

I hope this message serves you. If you have any questions, insights, or anything you'd like to share with our community, please do. We're here to support and hold space for each other.

Blessed be,

Becky 
Shop More HERE
Did you know we can create unique products just for you! We can custom engrave Selenite & wood! Email us today to chat about ideas and get a FREE quote on your very own products!
Use any logo, image, or design! Let's chat about your possibilities!
Email for a FREE customization quote Here
Come say hello to us on social!
We are ALWAYS here for you!

Message us on IG

Call us at the warehouse: 860-535-1166
Email us: pgrcustomer@gmail.com (or just reply to this email)
 
Website
Instagram
Email
Copyright © 2021 Pelham Grayson Rose, All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
300 Taugwonk Rd
Stonington, CT 06378

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pelham Grayson Rose sent you a $200 credit

FLASH SALE 2 DAYS ONLY

15% Off Storewide COUNTDOWN!