Midge, Moqui, Pumpkin + five things I love ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏
I’ve Been Stretching
In More Ways
Than One
|
|
|
|
|
Hi there,
Did you know I’m pregnant? :)
My due date is October 29, the same date I opened Becca Rose in 2010.
And, somehow, the same date I opened Desert Rose in 2021.
I really can’t make this up.
|
|
Her name is Miriam, or “Midge” for short, and while part of me hopes she chooses a special day all her own, I know she’ll come whenever she’s ready.
|
|
Pregnancy has been a process of opening, revealing, and stretching in every sense of the word. Miraculous and annoying.
And I’ve been noticing how familiar that stretching feels.
Growing a business. Deepening a marriage. Expanding friendships. Becoming a mom.
Different forms. Same curriculum.
This month’s Gate of Empty Presence has had me thinking about what helps me settle into all of that without needing to change or figure anything out.
For me, it often starts with five minutes.
|
|
|
|
|
First, Moqui gets breakfast.
|
|
Then Pumpkin loudly informs me that she is starving (she is not, We call her PLUMPkin for a reason).
|
|
|
|
|
Sometimes I write for five minutes.
Sometimes I look up and an hour has passed.
Sometimes the journal gives me a prompt (that's where the journal comes in handy).
And other times, I already know exactly what needs to go on the page.
You are also stretching so much throughout your day.
Everytime you try something new, every time you open your heart to a different experience, every time you decide to say "yes" to something.
|
|
|
|
|
Remember, just as the sun sets every day, giving plants the time to really absorb and use the sun's nutrients it's been reaching towards all day, you, too, need space to digest and just be.
I hope this inspires you to carve out even just 5 minutes for yourself each morning. You deserve it, you need it.
|
|
This isn't a luxury, it's a necessity.
|
|
And your five minutes may or may not look anything like mine…
Maybe the cacao sounds delicious.
Maybe you’re already thinking about where you'd light your Moon Child Candle.
Maybe there’s a journal calling your name.
Pick one thing. Borrow a few of mine. Make it completely your own. ✨
|
|
(and Midge, Moqui + Pumpkin)
|
|
Healing lives here. So do you.
|
|
Copyright © 2024 Becca Rose Natural Body Care, All rights reserved.
Our mailing address is:
27 Coogan Boulevard, Suite 8C
Olde Mistick Village
Mystic, CT 06355
Want to change how you receive these emails?
|
|
|
|
|
Comments
Post a Comment